In this post, I’ll be discussing how much we budget on entertainment each month. Lots of things could fall under entertainment and depending on where you live or the types of things you value as entertainment, you may want to budget a more.
Get to the point already!
We budget $50 for entertainment each month. This amount has been very consistent for a long time. We decided to start budgeting for it to make sure we could plan a date night.
How do you stick to it?
We generally do a pretty good job of staying within that amount. Occasionally we’ll go over, and sometimes we stay under. We’re generally able to stay under it though because we’re usually pretty busy with other things, or find things to do that doesn’t cost anything. For example, we purchased season passes this year to Cedar Point. That can provide a lot of recurring enjoyment without affecting the entertainment budget.
What all does it cover?
This category covers A LOT! Below are a few of the items that would fall under this budget category along with some notes.
- Movie rentals
- Library movies are free and they can transfer any movie we’re interested in from another branch to our local branch.
- Movie theater
- We have a theater that isn’t too far from us that has tickets half of what you would pay at the “fancy” theaters.
- We pay our babysitters pretty well because we want them to come back!
- Other extracurricular activities, i.e.
- Tickets to get into a park
- Expenses related to entertainment like getting ice cream
How much do you spend on entertainment each month? Do you have a hard time staying under budget? Let me know in the comments below.